Recently my style has changed. I like to think I’m making more quality fashion purchases over quantity, I no longer see the point in spending money on cheaper clothes when I can invest in quality pieces that will last a lot longer. I am aiming to create a capsule wardrobe that has high quality pieces that I can change up and wear with different looks. Here are some tips i’ve picked up a long the way.
1. Buy pieces you can wear with and without tights.
These dungarees are perfect for cold and warm weather, either with tights and a knit underneath or trainers and a t-shirt in the summer. A great investment.
Dungarees – Forever 21
T Shirt – Hollister
Bow – Forever 21
Lipstick – Charlotte Tilbury Velvet underground.
2. Invest in high quality Tee’s. T-shirts are essential in your wardrobe as you can wear them with just about everything. Skirts, under dresses, with jeans or dungarees, so recently i’ve been picking up some lovely ones from Hollister. (they are SO soft!)
3. Avoid the curse of the ‘cheaper’ shop. I used to shop in H&M and Primark, because the clothes were cheap and I did really like them especially for Beach holidays, however a dress I brought in H&M for £7.99 a few months ago, is now £17.99?! If I’m paying that much i’d rather go to Jack Wills? I really do think the prices in Primark have gone up dramatically.
4. Buy layering pieces. I have recently stocked up in sweatshirts in all the pastel colours which are great for throwing over outfits when its a bit too cold.
5. Dresses with long sleeves. Essential, as you can wear them from Spring right through to Winter, this will stop you buying more cardigans and knitwear in Spring when you realise everything new you’ve brought is way too cold to wear now.
I basically believe you need to spend a bit more on clothes to begin with to save more £ in the long run.
6. Outlet stores. These villages are amazing as the clothes literally have £20 off, they usually are big brands such as Ralph Lauren, Superdry, Jack wills, French Connection. Oh and Jack Wills has a great online outlet store!
What are your top tips for savvy shopping?